Welcome to 40 Whacks Museum
40 Whacks Museum in
Salem, Massachusetts is 3,000 square feet of details and known facts
surrounding the LIFE, CASE and TIMES of Lizzie Borden! The 32 year old spinster arrested and tried
for the BRUTAL AXE MURDERS of her father and stepmother on
August 4th, 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts.
Not surprisingly, many books and television documentaries have been produced since the murders.
40 Whacks Museum intends to collect and present as much knowledge as possible of the facts, folklore, and "expert" opinions. As we collect the data and present it, YOU are encouraged to become a sleuth in the infamous, double axe UNSOLVED murder case of Lizzie Borden!
Investigate the fascinating look at this infamous 19th century murder mystery
and see if you can finally answer the age-old question...
"Did she, or didn't she?"
Maybe YOU can solve the mystery once and for all!
- Re-Creation of the TRIAL ROOM
- Enlarged CRIME SCENE PHOTOS
- Borden Fall River GRAVE SITE Scene Reproduction
- The handleless HATCHET Reproduction
- Representations Of The Victim's SKULLS
- Details from THE TESTIMONY of the witnesses at the ACTUAL TRIAL!
- Antiques and some reproductions from the early 1800's to mid 1900's
- (Furniture & Dinnerware - Most For Sale At This Time!)
- A GIFT SHOP with 40 Whacks Logo "Lizzie Related" Souvenirs, books & media,as well as other novelties items like Crime Scene Tape and Body Bags! Of course we have Salem and Massachusetts related items along with some Halloween stuff too!
- Check out our TICKETS page for discounts!
203 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970